Why Has a Small Company Like Maurice Badler Become THE Place to Buy an Engagement Ring in New York City?
Why has a small company like Maurice Badler become THE place to buy an engagement ring in New York City?
Stellar client service? True, ours is excellent, but others do a good job also.
Beautiful selection of rings and diamonds? True, but others have that.
Great warranty? We have that too, but others can match that.
Free lifetime cleaning? Some do that too. We find that to be a critical service. As Maurice Badler was known to say, “Please let us clean your jewelry…if it doesn’t look its best, nobody will ask where you got it!”
So What makes Maurice Badler different?
Unique designs with customization: Many of the big name stores, like Tiffany, Cartier, Bulgari, Van Cleef and Harry Winston will not make custom variations of their engagement rings. I was once asked to look at an item in one of those stores. They make the small version in yellow gold and the larger in white. As a test, I asked, “May I get the larger one in yellow gold?” “I am sorry sir. We make the small version in yellow and the larger in white.” At Maurice Badler, if you would like a custom variation or a design created just for you, we love doing that! And you are involved in the process so you can appreciate your finished piece even more.
Outstanding quality control: We have three people trained to inspect items, and quality control is conducted at several points during production. Before we ship anything to clients, it gets checked yet again. I don’t know of any other company that does that.
You are marrying into our family: We are investing in your happiness. We are here to make sure you are happy with your purchase for many years to come.
- If at any time your piece requires service, we are here to take care of you.
- Supposing your jewelry is lost or stolen? We will give you all the documentation necessary to file a claim with your insurance company. Most of them know and trust us to give fair evaluations so most claims go through pretty quickly. There is no additional charge for this service.
- You need updated jewelry appraisals for insurance? Whether or not the items were bought from us, we will take care of that for you. While we do not charge for this service, we accept donations to the American Cancer Society in lieu of a fee. You may read about the details of our appraisal service here.
Jeffrey Badler’s diamond expertise: After learning as much as he could from his father Maurice, who was a diamond cutter in Europe, Jeffrey did his formal training at the Gemological Institute of America. While working within your budget, he will prepare a carefully and passionately curated selection of diamonds and will take the time to explain everything you need to know in order to make your choice. Every stone you see will meet his exacting standards. Where others will compromise on critical characteristics to meet a client’s budget, Jeffrey will not. He would rather not make the sale. His knowledge and passion for beautiful diamonds ensures you wind up with a beautiful stone.
Bez Ambar: In case you are not familiar with him, Bez is one of the most important diamond jewelry designers of our time. His list of accomplishments is too long to list here, but he is credited with:
* Inventing the princess cut diamond
* Inventing invisible setting for diamonds…the setting rows of rounds and squares with no prongs or channel bars.
* Inventing the micro pavé setting technique for diamonds (properly done under a microscope)
* The first spectacular halo ring utilizing his micro pavé technique
* The invention of the patented Blaze® diamond. This cut has 10 x more spectral colors than any other diamond
* The invention of the patented Divine cut® diamond. This cut enhances the spectral colors of a round diamond AND makes the diamond appear two grades whiter.
Bez Ambar’s work is available exclusively in New York at Maurice Badler. He and Jeffrey Badler have worked together for more than 35 years. They elevate each other by sharing ideas and the latest in technology and fashion. In the past, Bez did work for Tiffany, Cartier and Bulgari. Now he is exclusive to Maurice Badler.
The synergy between Jeffrey Badler, his team of attentive staff and Bez Ambar is unparalleled in the jewelry industry today. We offer a group of dedicated, knowledgeable and talented professionals who treat each and every client with the attention and passion they deserve. And our jewelry clearly reflects that.